ART NOUVEAU in Brussels
Lovers of beautiful architecture will enjoy
Dominique & Claude’s "ART NOUVEAU" tours
Visits by bus or by foot from 3 to 8 hours.
Some stops are organized to better admire the sites from outside (and take pictures - NB: Horta's houses are copyright protected).
A visit to Brussels is an opportunity to follow the work of Horta, Hankar and their successors through their original designs that have made this city the world capital of Art Nouveau architecture.
5 areas come into attention:
- "Louise" neighbourhood: with houses designed by Victor Horta, Hankar, Brunfaut, Vizzavona, Hamesse, Van Rijsselberghe
- The "Ixelles’s Swamps" with E. Blérot and L.Delune.
- Around the Squares and Cinquantenaire : Horta again, Strauven, Cauchie, Taelemans and Hoffmann,
- In the historical city, also with Art Déco : Comics Museum, Old England, Palace of Fine Arts,
- Louis Bertrand Avenue wth Strauven and Horta (House Autrique).
Some museum are also worthseeing with our guides : House Horta, House Autrique, House Cauchie (to be booked in advance, can be done by us)
For small groups (10/15 pax) or even smaller (2/4 pax).
Transportation with your coach or car. Possibility to visit the areas by public transportation (tram, metro)
Info & Réservation :
Price : € 129 for 3 hours, € 250 for 8 hours + lunch
+ entrances of museums
Meeting point: anywhere in Brussels
© discover-b.be 2015